If you hate the new TweetDeck by Twitter, you’ll love this post

Let me make this post short and sweet.

Twitter got it all wrong with their version of TweetDeck. Yuck!

If you feel the same way, and you’d like to use the last version of TweetDeck before Twitter ruined it…

DOWNLOAD IT HERE!

You’ll need Adobe Air installed on your computer.

Make sure you don’t have any other versions of TweetDeck installed when you install this one. You’ll get an error message.

Many thanks to @ChelaBK for sharing this with me, and many thanks to David Amador for sharing this with the world!

, , , ,

10 Responses to If you hate the new TweetDeck by Twitter, you’ll love this post

1. TheProDiva 29 March 2012 at 19:50 #

OMG! I so appreciate you! I love Tweet Deck, and I use the older version on my other computer, but the new version was giving me fever on laptop! I had already deleted it off of my computer. Thank you so much for the link!

• Faydra Deon 29 March 2012 at 19:53 #

You’re welcome. I was in the same boat until I was able to revert. Whew!

2. FubarGuy 21 January 2012 at 19:00 #

I’ve kept the 38.2 version of Tweedeck running for a while now, but it’s gradually losing functionality. I had one column/List that stopped retrieving messages completely & had a hard time getting it back. (I finally deleted the column & re-imported all the Followed Accounts manually.)

Now Tweetdeck won’t even let me post Updates, I just get an error. There are more API errors in the last month than I’ve seen before, I can’t help but think Twitter is strangling it intentionally in hopes of driving users to the web interface or their browser-based Tweetdeck. Time to look at Hootsuite or another Twitter client I guess. What a shame, I’d have gladly paid for a functioning version of Tweetdeck too.

3. matias 19 January 2012 at 06:11 #

Cool. AIR version is better than the last one!!

4. Liz Isaacs 18 January 2012 at 10:20 #

Thanks Faydra…tried all of that the other day and it didn’t work. Then it wanted me to update again today. Go firgure, LOL. Still, agree with your post, that Twitter missed the boat on several things when they took over TweetDeck. I can only imagine the issues with their new system compared to the old.

5. Liz Isaacs 17 January 2012 at 15:56 #

Faydra…thanks for the post. Still have the old version installed. Am however having probs posting to my FB timeline and fan pages. Suggestions. Know FB has their own planner. Don’t know if I want to go back to HootSuite/other. It works on the other networks.

Liz

• Faydra Deon 18 January 2012 at 08:13 #

You’re welcome for the post.

As for posting to Facebook, I’m wondering if there’s some functionality loss because the old TweetDeck is not being supported by Twitter? Have you tried deauthorizing Facebook in TweetDeck and reauthorizing it? It may be a “lost connection,” for lack of a better phrase.

• Liz Isaacs 18 January 2012 at 10:23 #

Thanks Faydra…tried all of that the other day and it didn’t work. Then it wanted me to update again today. Go firgure, LOL. Still, agree with your post, that Twitter missed the boat on several things when they took over TweetDeck. I can only imagine the issues with their new system compared to the old….sorry for the double reply.